Friday, January 4, 2008

beating the winter blahs


Because it's Friday and because it's been a long week with fevers and sniffles, today I'm going to diverge from the norm. After seeing how cute and comfy my mom and sister looked in their pjs on Christmas morning and seeing my own raggy, mis-matched Old Navy "lounge wear", I decided that I needed to buy myself some nicer sleepwear. I mean, in the winter, I get into my pjs soon after the sun goes down, which could be 6:00. So I went to this wonderful site, thinking maybe I could splurge and buy one nice pair for now. But they were having a huge sale, so I bought the adorable pair of mary jane slippers shown here and two pairs of beautiful pajamas. Something this simple goes a long way when you're feeling those after-Christmas, winter blahs. So go treat yourself - there are lots of wonderfully cozy things on sale right now - and curl up with a good book and a hot cup of tea. Spring is a long way off, so we might as well enjoy these cold days and night as much as possible!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, Garnet Hill is the best and I saw those slippers and have debated buying some new loungewear. But the new king size bed will need some new linens and I must go shopping!

debbie said...

Funny, I just told my hubby that we need a king size bed. Considering our recent purchase of exercise equipment, he just rolled his eyes. Glad you got it - happy shopping!!